I’ll freely admit I’m at the point where if one more person talks to me about Dark Souls’ mechanics, I’m likely to launch myself into some shrubbery never to return so I don’t even know why I do this to myself. I guess I’m a glutton for punishment.
If I want to engage with a book:
1) I can buy the normal version of the book
2) I can buy a large print edition of the book
3) If a large print edition isn’t available, I can buy a Kindle version and adjust the font size on there or use a screen magnifier.
4) I can buy a braille edition of the book
5) I can buy an audio version of the book
If I want to engage with a film:
1) I can watch the normal version of the film
2) I can engage with a version of a film with subtitles
3) I can engage with a version of a film with closed captions
4) I can engage with the film using hearing assists
5) I can engage with the film using audio description
6) If I catch the BBC or something at the right time, I might be able to watch a signed version of it too although this is more usual for TV.
If I want to engage with a game:
1) I can play the normal version of the game
2) Or get told to shit off and go and play something else but that’s OK because we’ve got loads of graphics sliders and stuff like that we insist upon *slides them up and down for a bit instead*